We believe in the power of friendship. Our goal is to connect like-minded first-year students.
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, it is now increasingly difficult for first-year students to interact with others, as most university experiences will be taking place online. With Wave, this is no longer a problem.
Unique and Inclusive Matching Algorithm
We connect two users based on many factors: university, program, interests, and more! More importantly, we do not factor in age, appearance, gender or race. We believe everyone deserves a friend!
University Students Only
Your privacy and safety matters. We authenticate each user to ensure they belong to a valid university.
One on One Text and Video
We integrated text and video chat so that you can have the best friend-making experience possible!
Inspiration and Purpose
As a team of incoming first-year university students, we understand the challenges faced with making new friends during times like these.
With the pandemic situation, most students will be studying online in the fall. This poses a major problem: meeting new people. Things like going to orientation
and creating new friend groups are now impossible. Wave effectively solves these problems!
- Creates a safe and private space for users to interact
- Break the shyness barrier by automatically matching two people who have much in common
- Has a text-only option to ease users into the conversations
- Video chat integration to further cultivate friendships
- Ability to share personal social media to grow the friendships after the initial meet on Wave
- Supported on desktop versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge
Universities (more coming soon!)
Team of Incoming First-Years
How it Works
How Does Wave Work?
- Sign up for a FREE account by using your university/college email
- Input the verification code that we send to your email
Fill Out Your Profile
- Select your program
- Check off all your interests from a list
- Your program and interests are used to match you with another student who is in your program or has similar interests
- Click "Start Chatting" to be placed in the queue
- We will look for other students who are online and match you based on your program and interests
- Everyday at 9pm EST is our scheduled time where students can use Wave to meet new people
- While you can use Wave at any time of the day, more students will be online at 9pm EST, so you can meet more people!
Meet New People
- After getting matched with another student, you will both be sent to a chat room
- You can talk and message each other using Wave
- You can see the other student's program and your common interests with them, giving you plenty to talk about
- Rinse and repeat- meet new people and make plenty of new friends. Enjoy!
Check out the video below to see how Wave works!
Our Team of Six